1. By using MyCPAU (“the Service” or “Site”) linked to customer’s City utilities account, customers may access the following online features:
The contents of this Site are intended for the personal, noncommercial use of customers and visitors to the site. The City of Palo Alto grants customers the limited right to display proprietary materials obtained through this Site only on customer’s personal devices and to copy and download, print, and store the proprietary materials for customer’s personal, noncommercial use. Customer agrees not to use the proprietary materials for any other purpose, including publication, or to edit, alter, or enhance them, without prior written consent of the City of Palo Alto.
2. Online Payment of Utilities Bills
4. You understand and agree that the City of Palo Alto reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any services provided on this Site and any terms or conditions of use with or without notice. Additionally, you understand and agree that the City of Palo Alto may, under certain circumstances and without prior notice, immediately terminate your access to this Site for cause. Cause for immediate termination will include, but not be limited to, (a) breaches or violations of this User Agreement or other incorporated agreements or guidelines, (b) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (c) discontinuance of services or content modifications to this Site, (d) technical problems or errors.
5. Customers may deactivate their MyCPAU customer portal account at any time by contacting Utilities Customer Service. Deactivating MyCPAU will not affect the provision of utilities services to your linked utilities account, and the customer remains responsible for all charges incurred, regardless of whether utilities usage data or bills are accessed through MyCPAU.
6. THE CITY OF PALO ALTO MAKES NO GUARANTEES, PROMISES, OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE ACCURACY OF INFORMATION AND DATA PROVIDED BY ANY PART OF THIS SITE. YOU AGREE AND UNDERSTAND THAT THE INFORMATION AND DATA ON THIS SITE ARE BEING PROVIDED “AS-IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AND THAT THE INFORMATION AND DATA MAY BE SUBJECT TO ERRORS AND OMISSIONS. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE CITY OF PALO ALTO DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, ACCURACY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON–INFRINGEMENT. THE USER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT NEITHER THE CITY OF PALO ALTO NOR ANY OTHER GOVERNMENTAL AGENCY, ENTITY OR BODY NOR ANY VENDOR OR SERVICE RELATING IN ANY WAY TO OUR ONLINE EFFORTS IS OR WILL BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER FOR THE ACCURACY OR VALIDITY OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED.
7. In no event will the City of Palo Alto, or any other governmental agency, entity or body or any vendor or service provider associated with any of our online efforts be liable for damages of any nature based on any theory of liability, including, but not limited to, contract, negligence or other torts (including intentional torts), which may include, but is not limited to, damages for loss of property, loss of profits, lost, compromised or impaired claims, lost savings, lost fees, or any other damages whatsoever, arising out of or relating to in any way to the use of this Site. Accordingly, you acknowledge and understand that you use this Site at your own risk and that your agreement to this Section is a material inducement to the City of Palo Alto’s decision to make this Site available for your use.
8. The City shall not be deemed to have waived any of its rights or remedies outlined herein unless such waiver is in writing and signed by an authorized representative of the City. No delay or omission on the part of the City in exercising any rights or remedies shall operate as a waiver of these or any other rights or remedies. A waiver on any one occasion shall not be construed as a bar or waiver of any future rights or remedies.
9. In agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, customers acknowledge and understand that this is the entire agreement between you and the City of Palo Alto related to the Service. Customers further acknowledge and understand that their utilities services are provided by the City of Palo Alto through its Utilities Department in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, the City of Palo Alto Municipal Code, the Utilities Department Rules and Regulations, and all other applicable City regulations, standards, and policies. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the State of California. In the event that an action is brought, the parties agree that trial of such action will be vested exclusively in the state courts of California in the County of Santa Clara, State of California.
YOU SHOULD PRINT AND RETAIN THIS DOCUMENT FOR SAFEKEEPING AND REFERENCE AT ANY TIME DURING USAGE OF THE SERVICE.
Date last modified: November 2019